Government Interactive Mapping ApplicationsAdministrative and Political Boundaries:
Legal land descriptions.
Agriculture and Farming:
Crops, rearing of animals or cultivation of plants. For example, resources describing irrigation, aquaculture, herding, and pests and diseases affecting crops and livestock.
Atmosphere and Climatic:
Atmospheric processes and phenomena. For example, resources describing cloud cover, weather, atmospheric conditions, climate change, and precipitation.
Biology and Ecology:
Naturally occurring flora and fauna. For example, resources describing wildlife, biological sciences, ecology, wilderness, sea life, wetlands, and habitats. Business and Economic:
Economic activities or employment. For example, resources describing labor, revenue, commerce, industry, tourism and ecotourism, forestry, fisheries, commercial or subsistence hunting, and exploration and exploitation of resources such as minerals, oil, and gas.
- Legislative and Demographics Demonstration Application
- Citizen's Demonstration Application (Olympia data only)
- Broadband Mapping
- Sales Tax Rates
- Forest Practices Application Review System
- Sales and Use Tax Rates - Use our Tax Rate Lookup Tool to find tax rates and location codes for any location in Washington. You'll find rates for sales and use tax, motor vehicle taxes, and lodging tax. Search by address, zip plus four, or use the map to find the rate for a specific location.
- Earth Resource Permit Locations - This application provides access to oil and gas exploration drill hole locations, surface mine reclamation permit sites, and base information. It allows the user to create, save, and print custom maps, find out more information about map features, and download GIS data.
Land use. For example, resources describing zoning maps, cadastral surveys, and land ownership. Cultural, Society and Demography:
Characteristics of societies and cultures. For example, resources describing natural settlements, anthropology, archaeology, education, traditional beliefs, manners and customs, demographic data, crime and justice, recreational areas and activities, social impact assessments, and census information.
- Washington Information System for Architectural and Archaeological Records Data Mapping Application
- Washington State Parks Maps and Reservations
- Boat Launching and Moorage Facilities
Height above or below sea level. For example, resources describing altitude, bathymetry, digital elevation models, slope, and products derived from this information.
Environment and Conservation:
Environmental resources, protection, and conservation. For example, resources describing pollution, waste storage and treatment, environmental impact assessment, environmental risk, and nature reserves.
- Environmental Information Management Viewer
- Fire Prevention and Fuel Management Mapping System - This application supports the National Fire Plan. It provides data needed to complete a Community Wildfire Protection plan and allows creation of maps online using multiple spatial data layers or the ability to download data to create Community Wildfire Protection Plans with their own GIS.
Man-made construction. For example, resources describing buildings, regulated facilities, museums, churches, factories, housing, monuments, and towers. Geological and Geophysical:
Earth sciences. For example, resources describing geophysical features and processes, minerals, the composition, structure and origin of the earth's rocks, earthquakes, volcanic activity, landslides, gravity information, soils, permafrost, hydrogeology, and erosion.
- Washington Interactive Geologic Map - This application provides the ability to download and view geologic mapping at several scales, hazards mapping, earth resource information, and base information. It allows the user to create, save, and print custom maps, as well as find out more information about map features.
Health services, human ecology, and safety. For example, resources describing human disease and illness, factors affecting health, hygiene, mental and physical health, substance abuse, and health services. Imagery and Base Maps:
Base maps. For example, resources describing land cover, topographic maps, and classified and unclassified images.
- Orthoimagery Viewer
- Washington Marine Shoreline Oblique Photos
- King County iMAP - iMAP is an application that allows you to view King County spatial information (GIS data and images) in a map display.
- Puget Sound LIDAR - The Puget Sound LIDAR Consortium (PSLC) is devoted to developing public-domain high-resolution LIDAR topography and derivative products for the Puget Sound region.
Inland water features, drainage systems, and their characteristics. For example, resources describing rivers and glaciers, salt lakes, water use plans, dams, currents, floods, water quality, and hydrographic charts. Locations and Geodetic Networks:
Positional information and services. For example, resources describing addresses, geodetic networks, postal zones and services, control points, and place names. Military:
Military bases, structures, and activities. For example, resources describing barracks, training grounds, military transportation, and information collection.
Oceans and Estuaries:
Features and characteristics of salt water bodies excluding inland waters. For example, resources describing tides, tidal waves, coastal information, and reefs. Transportation:
Means and aids for conveying people and goods. For example, resources describing roads, airports and airstrips, shipping routes, tunnels, nautical charts, vehicle or vessel location, aeronautical charts, and railways. Utilities and Communication:
Energy, water and waste systems, and communications infrastructure and services. For example, resources describing hydroelectricity, geothermal, solar, and nuclear sources of energy, water purification and distribution, sewage collection and disposal, electricity and gas distribution, data communication, telecommunication, radio, and communication networks.
Then let us know. Send an email with the title and link to your mapping applications to:
State GIS Coordinator